Friday, November 23, 2012

Security

My hubby and I both lead a relatively busy life in terms of our professions. He is a communications and public relations person while I, a design creative and marketer. It is commonly known that, its our career choices, that dictate the amount of spare time we get to have for ourselves, our loved ones and to a great extend, our social lives.

As a woman, wife and mother, there are sacrifices that I have to make such that my household, family and pride does not suffer because of our busy schedules and career lives. I make sure that everything is running smoothly courtesy of telecommunications! Thank God for the invention of the mobile phones for they have made communication simple, effective and less stressful of worries and what if that we go through in our daily occurrences.

In most instances, it’s I who gets to check and help the children with their homework. Drop and pick them from school though occasionally the dad does the same. Every evening as we have dinner as a family (that is if he makes it home before the girls' bed time), we get to bond and share our day’s happenings. Thereafter, we sit and cuddle at the sofa as we watch tv. It is during such moments that we each feel a sense of security, each in our silent bond code that is quiet relaxing.

I am grateful, humbled and cherish the security that my best friend, lover, father of my children and husband has provided for us. Winters Shelley said it best, “Security is when I'm very much in love with somebody whose extra-ordinary and who loves me back.”


No comments:

Post a Comment