Friday, July 20, 2012

Customer Service... or what?

One of the rather unpleasant things that happened to me the other day left me wondering when did customer service change? If you are in the service industry, customer service and satisfaction is quite critical for business. A warm smile and simple gestures and body language often are a plus or minus to you as a service provider. So you can imagine my shock when after purchasing a cooking gas refill from a supermarket chain, when I was told to get out of my car and load the cylinder myself!!!! IMAGINE THAT!!!

The gas attendant on duty that day, asked whether I had a car, I answered to the affirmative. she then told me to 'bring it' next to the gas cylinder collection point, outside the supermarket. I gladly did so and upon parking, she had the audacity to tell me... ME... to get out of the car and load it myself!!! Heelloooo....

Just hold on a minute I call someone to load it in your car... THAT there my friends... is customer service! but WTH was that she just told me????!!!! I really felt bad for that treatment. Let's just say, the team leader/manager of that branch got to know of the incident and I demanded an apology to that effect!

I AM a VALUED customer like any other customer, and therefore customer service and satisfaction should be your top most objective!

No comments:

Post a Comment