Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tick Tock!

I was hot. Literally! I could feel my pulse from every vein in my body and with every heartbeat came a constant reminder of the pain I felt! My throat was aching and the pain became increasingly unbearable. No matter how hard I tried to preoccupy my mind with something, the more blank thoughts flooded my mind. Tabula rasa!

I couldn't think. I couldn't move, as I lay on my tummy next to my angel who was in the same position. Each feeling the others heartbeat. She was equally hot but her feet were cold, and because of that, she had socks on her feet and a diaper only.

Time literally passed us as we lay there, too weak to move or turn. I was in a trance and after what felt like eternity, I reached out for my phone and called Darling. He was in the living room with my dad, second mum, his elder bro as well as mine and my younger sister. As he was coming, I wrote a note telling him to take me to hospital as I wasn't feeling well at all!

I was too weak and in soo much pain that I could hardly talk. I had hardly eaten anything for a week now no matter how much I was persuaded to do so. I only took liquids then took my medication. Its like a pact we had with my baby, 'together in solidarity'. She too had not eaten solid food for eight days now! The moment you turn her for feeding, she would have convulses and her mouth would hardly open.


No comments:

Post a Comment