Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tears...

"Muuum"... "Yes baby..." I respond to the baby of the house.

"How come I've never seen you cry...?" Left eyebrow rises immediately.

"M'ma yo lying!" snapped my mum almost yelling at her! "You've ever seen mummy cry. Mummy cries all the time!"

Now you have my FULL attention! Huh?! Excuse you! Now my brow is further raised, tilted head, puzzled look, all directed to my mum! Ehe... giving her the 'now that you know better, kindly enlighten us!' look.

"Yeah, mummy cries a lot!" concures her elder sister. Now both my brows are raised as I shift glances at all of them! Giving them all the 'Heh! Oookey...' kinda look!

"Whenever there's a happy movie/moment and its all mushy lovie dovie... she always cries! Whenever there is a sad moment too, her tears roll faster!" ..."Yeah..., waaah, mummy si you have many tears!"

At this point I laugh so hard and loud! Whaaat???!!! I can't believe we are having this discussion.

In true sense, they are kinda right. I never suppress my emotions. I cry it out. I release whatever empathy feeling I experience at that moment.

Be it tears of joy, gratitude, disbelief, sorrow, grief, the list is endless! I release it. I cry it out. That's me, and I am glad my family knows that.

There are many a times Darling has told me to please try not to be emotional or cry too much!. ;-))) I know... What can I say, ...I'm only human.

He knows me well enough to warn me to guard myself, guard my emotions, guard my well being. Jazakah Allah to all of them!

The girls continue to talk animatedly about my tears as I sit back and nod at each knowingly at what each is contributing to the topic.

All this was brought about by some small talk over dinner and it was rather too quiet, when M'ma decided to break the silence. :-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment