Monday, September 23, 2013

#WeAreOne! Code 254

One can lose their precious life within seconds! In a blink of an eye! Quite unbelievable! Very tragic!

This is what happened in the ongoing terrorist attack on Westgate Mall in Westlands since mid-morning of the 21st of September 2013. As the story unfolds on what transpired, it all seems like a narrative from an action rated movie scene.

Reading it all on the local dailies, following it on the social media whilst gluing your eyes on the television, shuttling from one channel to another, is indeed a lot to comprehend. From the photos, videos and testimonies, the mental anguish of the whole situation is unbearable! It is with a heavy heart that I convey my sincere deepest sympathies and condolences to the affected families. It is not easy, not easy at all to deal with the trauma, hurt and loss!

With all that happening, I was humbled at the phone calls I received, the text messages on phone, facebook and whatapp all in an effort to know in a wishful silent prayer on whether or not my family and I were okey. The most shocking of these inquiries, it is the people I least expected who thought and called me first to ascertain my where-abouts and safety.

That was quite humbling I must say... God Bless You All! Jazakah Allah!

The spirit of solidarity and oneness that my fellow Kenyans are demonstrating is equally humbling too. Everyone is looking for a way to help. To help your neighbour in any way possible, free catering services to the armed defense forces, journalists among other persons, volunteer counseling, blood donation, m-pesa donations, you name it, the list is endless! WOW!!!

As all is being said and done, I am proud of my fellow countrymen. God bless Kenya! God bless our Kenyan Army and Defense Forces! ...not forgetting their Commander-in-Chief!

A parting shot... Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to care. Let your words heal not wound. #WeAreOne!

No comments:

Post a Comment